Barneys New York and FILA Debut Limited-Edition Footwear Collection
(FILA North America) – April 5, 2022 – Barneys New York, the iconic cultural institution renowned for its discerning edit from the world’s top luxury designers, and FILA, the iconic sportstyle brand, today unveils a new footwear collaboration featuring six styles for men and women. The limited-edition collection builds off the successful history between the two renowned brands, which have partnered on the launches of limited-edition apparel and footwear collaborations over the last several years.
The Barneys New York x FILA footwear lineup includes both statement-making styles and minimalist silhouettes, with three options for men and three for women. Both classic silhouettes in muted tones and chunky trend-right silhouettes in bold hues, feature modern textures and iconic logo treatments. Each design embraces elements from popular FILA styles, while premium materials offer an elevated update.
“Barneys is a brand with rich history, known for its unique collaborations,” said Ber-tia Barron, Vice President of Brand, Luxe at ABG, owner of Barneys New York. “We are excited to bring these two distinguished brands together again.”
Men’s Barneys New York x FILA
● Original Tennis Lux x Barneys ($225): The brand’s iconic Original Tennis maintains its timeless appeal with a lux upgrade. Crafted in a neutral gardenia hue with a premium leather upper and one-inch sole, it’s a versatile style. Dual branded logos are seen on the tongue and sockliner. Rounding out the sneaker, a heavy wrinkled textile treatment is featured on the quarter flag.
● R1 Runner x Barneys ($250): A new FILA silhouette, this marks the brand’s second fashion runner with a Vibram outsole. Made with elevated materials, full grain leather, ripstop nylon, and premium perforated suede can be found throughout, in a color palette of black, gold, red, and blue. Dual branded logos are seen on the tongue and sockliner. Additional details include a heel pull tab with the FILA logo and micro-mesh foam padding in the lining. Completing the sneaker, a phylon midsole on the tooling is designed for maximum cushion and comfort.
● Ray Tracer TR4 x Barneys ($275): Another new FILA style, this pinnacle sneaker is a modern blend of high fashion with nods of streetwear aesthetic. The silhouette features premium leather, and a suede and smooth premium buck upper coupled by a quilted collar that consists of softer textile. This also marks FILA’s third fashion runner with a Vibram outsole. Further design details include an upper paired with a reduced rubber signature tooling that features a textured deboss designed sidewall. Reflective upper stripe pull tabs with functional metal lace carriers on the lateral and medial sides can be found on the back of the sneaker. Dual branded logos are seen on the tongue and sockliner, while a FILA Hexa logo can be found at the heel.
Women’s Barneys New York x FILA
● Disruptor II Exp x Barneys ($150): FILA’s signature chunky style with its sawtooth rubber outsole and a molded EVA sockliner is reimagined with premium leather, textured textile on the tongue and collar, and patent texture on the FILA flag. Dual branded logos are seen on the tongue and sockliner, while additional branding is printed on the heel. Completing the style with rose gold aglets on the end of the grip textured shoelaces.
● Original Tennis Lux x Barneys ($225): The luxe leather low top with a contrasting sole in blush pink is elevated with premium leather and a heavy wrinkled textile treatment on the quarter flag. Dual branded logos are placed on the tongue and sockliner, while FILA’s logos are featured on the heel and outsole.
● R1 Runner x Barneys ($250): The new aforementioned FILA silhouette contains all of the same features, and is introduced in a color palette of white, gardenia, black, and hot pink.
Follow and join the conversation on social media @filausa, @barneysny, and #BarneysNewYorkxFILA.
Over the last half-century, FILA has been there for iconic moments, accompanying extraordinary individuals in pursuit of sport – those who courageously challenge limits and defy expectations through a seamless combination of power and grace. From its humble textile beginnings in Biella, Italy in 1911 to its historic introduction of color on the tennis court in 1973, the brand has always taken pride in creating designs as bold and breathtaking as its wearers. With a philosophy of innovation and a commitment to performance and sophistication, FILA continues to make a statement with styles that are novel in aesthetic and effective in function. Visit www.FILA.com to see the full collection of apparel and footwear.
About Barneys New York
Barneys New York is an iconic cultural institution, renowned for its discerning edit from the world’s top luxury designers, paired with a unique shopping experience. Its signature sense of wit and style translates into a global brand that is sought-after by a modern generation of trendsetters, as well as legacy and contemporary shoppers. Barneys New York has eleven freestanding stores in Japan, a freestanding Barneys at Saks location in Greenwich, CT, and Barneys at Saks shop-in-shops at Saks Fifth Avenue stores in New York City, Bal Harbour, Beverly Hills, Boston and Toronto.
For more information, please visit barneysnewyork.com. Follow Barneys New York on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.